Milford House Museum

 

Cloak Room (14)

This room originally had panelling in it. It served as Girls cloakroom for Manor House School. In 1938 the School installed small toilet and washbasin in part of room. The 1940 inventory of the Manor House School lists this room as 'Boot Room' .It contained:

1 moveable coat rack & pigeon holes, 2 fixed pigeonhole racks.

Manor House Special Care Hospital cinverted this into toilets with three cubicles and wasbasins. The original mahogany door was sealed and a smaller door inserted beside it. The room has been badly damaged by vandals.