Milford House Museum

 

Bedroom (25)

This bedroom was used by Tony Mc Crum in 1923 when he came from Hong Kong at the age of three with his parents to visit his grandfather William Mc Crum. The original plumbed in washstand has been replaced by the Manor House Special Care Hospital. The marble fireplace in this room was removed by Armagh City and District Council in 1996 and was put in Armagh Goal for safe keeping from where it was subsequently stolen.

This room and the adjoining Blue room later formed the apartments for the Headmistress of the Manor House School.

Please note Milford House and its parkland are in private ownership. They are not owned by Milford Buildings Preservation Trust.Tthere is no public access to the property which is currently one of the top twelve listed buildings at most serious risk in Northern Ireland

Bedroom photographed in October 2010