Milford House Museum

 

Bedroom (23)

This is how the Bedroom loked in 1940 when it was Robert the Bruce Dormiitory

This bedroom was occuppied in 1923 by Cecil Mc Crum and his wife Ivy during their visit to see his father William Mc Crum (1865-1932). In the time of the Manor House School this bedroom became Robert the Bruce Dormitory. The adjoining room with two beds was called Spider Dormitory and the reason for the names is that Robert the Bruce caught the spider!

The furniture in this dormitory as with all Manor House School dormitories came from H.M.S Hampshire a first world war hospital ship. The plumbed in washstand in this room was different in style to the other bedrooms. The fireplace was stolen following the closure of the Manor House Hospital and unfortunately there is no record of what it looked like.

Please note Milford House and its parkland are in private ownership. They are not owned by Milford Buildings Preservation Trust. There is no public access to the property which is currently one of the top twelve listed buildings at most serious risk in Northern Ireland

Bedroom photographed in 2006

Below how the bedroom looked in October 2010