Milford House Museum

 

Entrance Lobby (1)

The front door at Milford House is an exceptional piece of carving and is made of one piece of solid oak. Regretably it has recently been painted red which hides its quality somewhat. The entrance lobby has a tiled floor and the lower half of the walls are lined wityh majolica tiles. This small area is dominated by a marvellous cast iron radiator. Its marble top is currently lying elsewhere in the house.

There were originally two plaques on the wall above the radiator- one to the opening of the new wing at the Manor House School by Her Excellency Lady Wakehurst, wife of the Governor of Northern Ireland in 1955 and the second plaque to commemorate the opening of the Manor House Special Care Hospital in 1966. Both have since been stolen.